Friday, October 10, 2008

I Watch This Movie!

Dear blog,


I'm actually not in the mood to write anything tonight because it's suppose to be a movie night for me but this one movie moved me to write something. I watched this movie accidently when I searched a video in Veoh and suddenly one interesting title appeared. It was Soldier's Girl. But first don't misjudge me ok, because I just love to watch any good movies.

It's about a new soldier met a girl (she's a shemale) at a transgender revue. The movie is so touching and sad in the end. You guys should watch this movie. Troy Garity played as the soldier and Lee Pace played as the transgender. I wasn't realise that he is the guy from Pushing Daisies. His acting is so incredible and his portrayal as a shemale is brilliant. I just could not believe that because she was so pretty except for the masculine body type. (spoiler) In the end, the soldier was killed by his colleague because of...hmm ( I can't remember but it's a good movie). Eventually, it shows that love is blind. When there's a love chemistry, anything can happen even if it's going to be strange and complicated.

My habit, if I like something I will find everything related to that thing. I browsed the internet and tried to search anything related to that movie. Surprisingly, the movie is actually based on a true story which is about the relationship between Barry Winchell (he was a straight guy) and Calpernia Addams and the events that led up to Barry's murder by fellow soldiers. This tragedy caught nationwide intention especially to the military and LGBT societies in USA.' As reported in a 1999 New York Times article entitled "An Inconvenient Woman," some groups attempted to portray their relationship as "homosexual" to challenge the military's Don't ask, don't tell policy' (cited from wikipedia). Surprisingly, Calpernia Addams was a former navy.

For me, being open minded is important in this contemporary world.Each and everyone of us have the right towards equality as human being. What happen if that kind of thing happen to us? It's going to be really hard for us too. So be positive and don't blame them. Enjoy the movie!

This is Lee Pace portrayed as Calpernia Addam
while below is him in Pushing Daisies.
He's a really good actor.
Troy Garitti as Barrie
Winchell.
I just can't believe he could fall
in love with a transgender

0 comments: