Sunday, February 1, 2009

Benjamin Button Who Had A Curious Case ( A Very Curious One!)



Dear Blog,

Thank goodness this movie is the contender for Best Picture. It deserves the nomination. (even though I know it will be nominated anyway). People said, this movie reflects Forrest Gump. No! No! For me, this movie is totally different. Both are inspiring but Forrest Gump is something that really inspires us. Thanks to Tom Hanks. He managed to build Forrest character very well. This time, CCBB is about Benjamin Button, who was born with rare desease. He had this reverse growth. (I don't know how to explain this). Anyway, Brad Pitt is the main actor. He's sure will get nomination for Best Actor not because of his acting but his ability to portray a boy in an old body. Well, it is good but this award should be given to someone who acts really well right?

It's a very long movie but I don't think it's long. If you follow the movies and get indulge with the story, I'm sure you'll be like me. There's nothing much I want to say about this movie. The message is obvious and simple enough. Even though you are different, does not mean you cannot live in this world. That's it. Fairly simple.

There are three things I want to talk about this movie. First of all is Taraji Henson. She was good in the movie. With her southern accent, it just make her character beautiful. Besides her nice character, she also become old in the end. This is when she portrays the best of her. She deserves to be the front runner for Supporting Actress. Second thing is Cate Blanchett. She is a great actress. She is one of the greatest actress in this century and yet another well acted character came from her in this movie. I thing, she portrays herself as an old woman very well in different ages. For me, it's a wow. The third thing is the CGI and special effects. Wow, Brad Pitt look so young almost at the end of the movie. Besides young, he also looks shorter. (I realized this). The make up is very real. The person behind those thing should be saluted.

Now, back to Brad Pitt. His acting for me is just the same. Macho man who does not speak much. He reminds me of him in Meet Joe Black. Nothing interesting besides his character himself, Benjamin Button. (other people will praise his acting but I'm not going to). That's all. It deserves to be the second best movie of the year. Maybe share the same position with Frost/Nixon.

0 comments: